We need to collect personal information about you to provide you with our broking & related
services. This privacy statement tells you how we collect your information, what we use the
information for and who we share the information with. If we collect information that can be
used to identify you, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of that collection.
How information is collected from you
We will collect your information from you directly whenever we can, like from enquiries we
make of you when you seek credit assistance from us. We may verify that information from
sources referred to in the responses to those enquiries or in this privacy statement.
How information is collected from other sources
Sometimes we will collect information about you from other sources as the Privacy Act 1988
permits. We will do this only if it’s reasonably necessary to do so, for example, where:
- we collect information from third parties about a loan or lease in relation to which you seek
- we can’t get hold of you and we rely on public information (for example, from public
registers or social media) or made available by third parties to update your contact details;
- we exchange information with your legal or financial advisers or other representatives.
When the law authorises or requires collection of information
Some law may require us to collect personal information about you. For example, we may
require your information to verify your identity under Australian Anti-Money Laundering law.
How your information may be used
We may use your information for purposes including:
- giving you credit assistance;
- giving you information about loan products or related services including help, guidance and
- considering whether you are eligible for a loan or lease or any related service you
requested including identifying or verifying you or your authority to act on behalf of a
- assisting you to prepare an application for a lease or a loan;
- administering services we provide, for example, to answer requests or deal with
- administering payments we receive, or any payments we make, relating to your loan or
- telling you about other products or services we make available and that may be of interest
to you, unless you tell us not to;
- identifying opportunities to improve our service to you and improving our service to you;
- telling you about other suppliers, with whom we have arrangements, that supply goods or
services that may be of interest to you;
- allowing us to run our business efficiently and perform general administrative tasks;
- preventing or investigating any fraud or crime or any suspected fraud or crime;
- as required by law, regulation or codes binding us; and
- any purpose to which you have consented.
You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive direct marketing offers from us.
We will process your request as soon as practicable.
What happens if you don’t provide information
If you don’t provide your information to us, it may not be possible to:
- assist in finding a loan or lease relevant to your circumstances;
- verify your identity or protect against fraud; or
- let you know about products or services that might be suitable for your financial needs.
Sharing Your Information
We may use and share your information with other organisations for any purpose described
Sharing with your representatives and referees
We may share your information with:
- your representative or any person acting on your behalf (for example, lawyers, settlement
agents, accountants or real estate agents); and
- your referees, like your employer, to confirm details about you.
Sharing with third parties
We may share your information with third parties in relation to services we provide to you or
goods or services in which we reasonably consider you may be interested. Those third parties
- the Broker Group through whom we may submit loan or lease applications to lenders or
lessors on the Broker Group’s panel. You can view our Broker Group’s privacy notice at
http://www.choiceaggregationservices.com.au/privacy. It sets out how that Broker Group
- the Licensee, BLSSA Pty Ltd, that authorises us to engage in credit activities. You can
view BLSSA’s privacy notice at the same internet address as our Broker Group’s privacy
notice. It sets out how BLSSA manages your personal information and where you can find
- referrers that referred your business to us;
- financial services suppliers with whom we have arrangements;
- lenders, lessors, lender’s mortgage insurers and other loan or lease intermediaries;
- organisations, like fraud reporting agencies, that may identify, investigate and/or prevent
fraud, suspected fraud, crimes, suspected crimes, or other misconduct;
- government or regulatory bodies as required or authorised by law. In some instances,
these bodies may share the information with relevant foreign authorities;
- guarantors and prospective guarantors of your loan or lease;
- service providers, agents, contractors and advisers that assist us to conduct our business
for purposes including, without limitation, storing or analysing information;
- any organisation that wishes to take an interest in our business or assets; and
- any third party to which you consent to us sharing your information.
Sharing outside of Australia
We may use overseas organisations to help conduct our business. As a result, we may need to
share some of your information (including credit information) with such organisations outside
Australia. The countries in which those organisations are located are:
We may store your information in cloud or other types of networked or electronic storage. As
electronic or networked storage can be accessed from various countries via an internet
connection, it’s not always practicable to know in which country your information may be held.
If your information is stored in this way, disclosures may occur in countries other than those
Overseas organisations may be required to disclose information we share with them under a
foreign law. In those instances, we will not be responsible for that disclosure.
available by contacting us. Please see our contact details above. Also, you can read and
obtain a copy of that policy at our website address set out at the start of the Credit Guide to
seek to correct information we hold about you and how you may complain against us about a
Information about other people
If you give information to us about another person (like your co-applicant) in relation to the
services we provide, you will let that other person know that:
- we have collected their information to provide those services or for any other purpose set
out in this privacy notice;
- we may exchange this information with other organisations set out in this privacy notice;
privacy notice and they can:
– access the information we hold about that other person,
by using our contact details above; and
- we may not be able to provide those services to you unless we obtain their information.